At TMS Australia our mission is to use technology to bring happiness back into people’s lives.
We specialise in Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (also called TMS or rTMS). TMS is a non-invasive brain stimulation technique which is recommended on the RANZCP guidelines for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder.
TMS also has efficacy and safety data on other conditions including anxiety disorders, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
TMS Australia has an extensive network of outpatient clinics, which full list is accessible on www.tmsaustralia.com.au.
The purpose of this course is for users to:
- learn about the history of TMS and its working principles
- understand the indications and benefits of TMS
- learn the expected clinical outcomes of TMS
- gain confidence in recommending TMS as per the current college guidelines
Program Learning Objectives:
- Users will be able to explain TMS to the general public
- Users will demonstrate knowledge about fundamental principles and clinical applications of TMS
- Users will be able to identify candidates and refer for TMS when adequate
- Users will understand limitations of TMS, and plan accordingly in case the expected clinical outcomes proved absent